Learn more about MoEd Summer Camp at our informational sessions on the following dates. Each session runs from 5:30–6:30 pm.
Monday, January 22
Thursday, February 15
Monday, March 12
Thursday, April 26
Monday, May 14
MoEd SUMMER CAMP PROGRAM
7 Weeks of Israel @ 70!
June 14–August 3, 2018
Be a secret messenger, passing decoded messages to the Jewish Resistance during the British occupation. Be a kibbutznik planting your first crops in the desert. Be the person coming off the ship in Haifa and settling the newly paved streets in Tel Aviv. Dance to contemporary Israeli music. Celebrate independence on the beach. Participate in a motorcycle rally across the desert. Tour the art galleries of Ein Hod. Play basketball for Maccabi Tel Aviv when they beat the Russians in the Euro League.
Celebrate 70 years with seven weeks of special events!
The same amazing teachers that run MoEd all year are happy to run a summer camp where kids love to come, and parents have a hard time making them leave.
During the week, our campers have three days of chugim (electives) with options, and two days with afternoon arts and crafts and watch a movie. We go daily to a private pool. The camp is conducted mostly in Hebrew, with lots of Israeli songs and dances.
Our experienced staff who works all year round, teaching experiential Jewish and Hebrew, infused with fun-loving activities, leads the kids through the day full of arts, sports, outdoor activities, and tons of games. And yes, all that is done in Hebrew and in Jewish!
|7:00–9:00 am||Early Drop-off (available at an additional charge)|
|9:00 am||Arrival, morning activity (Games in stations), warm up|
|9:30 am–12:30 pm||Work by age groups around daily theme|
|12:30–1:00 pm||Clean up and leave for pool|
|3:30–4:45 pm||Chug (Elective) 1||Movie/Elective Art|
|5:00–6:00 pm||Chug (Elective) 2|
- Open to children entering grades K-8.
- Located in the air-conditioned building of Ohr Kodesh Congregation, with as much time outside as possible in nearby Rock Creek Park, Ray's Meadow, and a nearby private pool.
- Registration is flexible! Register for one, two, three... up to seven and a half weeks for half- or full-day camp.
- Camp hours are 9:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Before-care available at an extra cost.
- Swimming at a private pool
- Weekly special outdoor activities (like wall climbing, kayaking, day trips)
- Cooking and baking
- Israeli, Hebrew-speaking staff, including three emissaries from the Jewish Agency for Israel.
- Easy access from I-495, Bethesda, Silver Spring, and Washington, DC.